Sunday, December 13, 2009

0067.

I feel like creating but I am instead forced to study.

I think my next post will be a story. I haven't blogged in a while. I'm losing touch with my blog, I guess. But don't worry, I still keep regular journals so that when my time comes they can be compiled as an autobiography. Spoiler Alert: the high school years will be the most intriguing.

Apparently I am good at this writing thing. I mean, I always kind of thought I was, but it's nice to actually put it to good use and have someone appreciate it. I should have changed my major a long time ago.

So after tomorrow I only have one semester left in college.

I feel like four years of high school went by a lot slower. But then again, I was a teenager oppressed by her parents, attending a nuthouse of a school, and pining for a boy, so everything was more dramatic. :-)

Freshman year feels so far away. It's almost like I dreamed it. It was just one awkward encounter after another in a new city that didn't feel like home. But I made a small handful of friends--and I do mean small--and I'm so glad they've stayed in my life.

I still miss high school sometimes, but I'm happy where I am.

Semester Recap:
-went to my first Preds game
-wrote my first press release
-got a story published in Belmont's newspaper which may not be the best publication in circulation but i'm still proud
-have the best roommates ever
-learned a LOT about relationships
-I don't hate my classes nearly as much because I'm actually doing something I'm good at/don't hate
-walked a mile barefoot with Hanson
-got baptized
-learned to appreciate Lady GaGa
-got a paid internship for next semester

over all, i'd say it was a win.

No comments: