Monday, December 21, 2009

0068.

Chreeees-masss. [yay.]


Day 4 in the Valley.

Haven't actually found myself to be bored yet...so that's a plus.

Hm. I need an idea to get my blog started again. Maybe I'll start a little series. It'll be called "3 Things..."


Today's episode will be 3 Things I Fought to Resist but Caved in the End:


1. Twitter.

Yes, I was one of those people who fought with every fiber of her being to resist the Twitter craze. It didn't help that my boyfriend had it and used it constantly. I didn't see the point and didn't have anything to say, which is probably the argument most people without Twitter make. However, the more Craig was like, "hey--Dave Barnes was like, [insert funny thing here]" or "Look at what John Mayer just said..." I realized I, too, wanted to enjoy reading celebrities' witty remarks and see pictures from their everyday life. So I caved, and the rest is history. I would like to say that I am more of a reader than a poster. I don't have anything hilarious or thought-provoking to say, but hey, now I know when Derek Webb would like a remote control that looks like a wand or when Phil Wickham has left two tickets at the box office under the names "Princess Leia" and "Obi Wan."


2. A Northface Fleece Jacket.

Every girl in my high school had one in varying colors. I didn't want to be part of the trend, of course, so I resisted. But then I realized I needed a lightweight jacket that was acceptable to wear with almost everything, so my sophomore year in college, I caved. I still wear it all the time, so I guess it was a good investment. And half the student body at Belmont are too trendy for North Face anyway, so I didn't feel so bad.

3. The Jonas Brothers

Okay, they may not be the most talented group of brothers to ever break into mainstream music [see: Hanson], but when "Burnin' Up" hit the top of the charts, I had to own that song. It's quite possibly one of the catchiest songs ever written, not to mention well produced. Not that they produce their own albums, but they've got Disney backing them so they can get the best producers in the business. But I digress.
After "Burnin' Up" came their 4th album, "Lines, Vines, and Trying Times." This album converted me. No, the album is not filled with musical genius, but it IS filled with an opening track that makes the part of your heart designated for pop goodness explode ["World War 3"] and 12 more delightful tunes, many of them surprisingly featuring a horn section that adds a lot.

Anyways...

There are three things I fought to resist but couldn't. Stay tuned for more "3 Things.." episodes.

No comments: