Thursday, July 30, 2009

0062.

-Tidbits-

1. "Break Even" A song that Dave Barnes tweeted about. I actually thought it was catchy & well-written. And I didn't care for their first single. Click the link to see the YouTube video.


2. I read John recently, and a couple things stood out to me that hadn't before.
-Jesus prayed for us. [John 17:6-26} As in, Jesus talked to God on our behalf. Asking Him to take care of us. It was really humbling and brought a new level of humanity to Jesus for me. I love that. He's not just some all-powerful being bestowing things upon us. He prayed for us just like we pray for others. Except this is the King of Kings speaking. Hm.

-The last verse in John, via the ESV:

"Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."- John 21:25.

Wow. Beautiful, yet once again humanizing. I love when you can relate to the author of the book just by the nature in which they wrote. Like he's actually just having a conversation with you. I love that it leaves you hanging a little bit, too. That there are great things about Jesus that we don't even know about. Awesome.

3. I'm being baptized at my church next Saturday. I'm getting excited about it actually. I'm excited to actually do something I know God has been wanting me to do. I'm excited to have that experience and know what it feels like. I'm a little nervous just because of the whole being-in-front-of-hundreds-of-people thing...but y'know. It'll be good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blog about your baptism! And hooray for you!