Wednesday, November 19, 2008

0038.

Once again I have found myself at odds with someone's projection of who they are via Facebook. Apparently this is where I find an abundance of things I disagree with.

Anyways. I noticed this on a Christian someone's"Favorite Quotes" section and had to give in to the urge to blog my little heart out over it.

A heart is not measured by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
~The Wizard of Oz

I find this completely at odds with how Jesus taught and lived.
Was he not the target of much hatred and anger? Did he not say that if the world hates you, remember that it hated Him first?

On the contrary, a heart is very MUCH measured by how much you love regardless of who returns the sentiment. Did Christ not also say, for what good is a man who loves those who love him? Even the Pharisees do that. But the real measure of a heart is how much you love those who cannot and will not ever love you back. The ones that cannot repay you are the ones you are called to serve the most.

We are not called to soak up and bask in all the love we can get from others. (Making people happy is not the point of love.) We are called to stand out. We are called to love until it hurts. And then love some more. Christ loved all the way to his brutal death by the ones WHOM he loved.

If you are hated by, ignored by, or even just confusing to most of the world, chances are you are doing something right.

1 comment:

ceklepper said...

yay! i love that you read my blog! ahh!! i get to see you the day after tomorrow!!!!!!!!